Fun facts about cherries are a great way to learn more about fruit trees. Cherries grow in many countries, requiring little care. Their fruits are used in various dishes, as well as used in the manufacture of liquor products.
So, here are the most fun facts about cherries.
12 fun facts about cherries:
- Today there are about 60 varieties of cherries.
- From cherry blossoms, honeybees collect an abundant “harvest” of nectar and pollen
- Cherry trees and plum trees are related.
- Cherry trees can withstand very low temperatures, for which reason these trees are found even in the Himalayas.
- Cherry fun fact is that the fruits of some species of cherries are inedible.
- Many desserts are decorated with cherries.
- The world-famous Japanese sakura is a subspecies of the cherry tree.
- If you want a good night’s sleep, then eat a handful of cherries before going to bed. It turns out that they contain melatonin, which promotes a restful sleep.
- It is said that about 20 cherries have the same effect as one aspirin tablet.
- Cherry blossoms before the leaves even appear on the tree branches
- On average, one cherry tree bears about 7,000 fruits.
- Turkey is the world leader in cherry production. About 400,000 tons of fruit are harvested here each year.
Also interesting: Interesting facts about cucumbers and Interesting facts about pears
Cherry berries contain the following elements:
- Chromium and sodium, sulfur and potassium;
- folic acid;
- iodine and magnesium;
- fluorine and zinc;
- iron and cobalt;
- vanadium and iodine;
- Rubidium, phosphorus and boron.
Caloric value of cherries
The caloric value of cherries is 52 kcal.
Nutritional value of cherries: proteins – 0.8 g, fats – 0.2 g, carbohydrates – 10.6 g
Regularly eating cherries in the fresh and canned form will take care of the health of the body, support the immune system, and will feel more vigorous. This berry is a real treasure trove of vitamins and minerals – promotes the physical development of the body, so they are useful for both adults and young children. These were fun facts about cherries.