Do you like animals? If yes look at our articles, and find more fascinating information about animals. We all like to get to know new facts and amusing information. So here it is, all the interesting facts we gathered about animals. Hope you will enjoy reading it. We have collected lots of things to know about animals that not many people know.
1. Monkeys can recognize themselves in the mirror
2. Dolphins can have sex for pleasure, not to reproduce.
3. Dogs drink water by curling their tongue into the shape of a spoon, but not up, but down.
4. The largest crocodiles in the world are marine crocodiles.
5. The platypus is a mammal, although after their discovery scientists did not know which class they belonged to for a long time.
6. Lions are the only cats that live in pride (groups).
7. Male monkeys go bald with age, as do males.
8. Raccoons are very inquisitive and active, and when they are sick they are almost inactive.
9. Hyenas are both cowardly and sassy.
10. Crocodiles are physically unable to stick their tongue out.
11. Monkeys, on average, live as long as humans.
12. Cats can hunt even if they are fed.
13. Pandas have six toes on their paws.
14. Monkeys are very social animals: they live in groups and need to communicate and interact.
15. Bears are quite a young animal species, they appeared about 6 million years ago.
16. Many crocodiles can live more than 100 years.
17. Monkeys can watch the sunset for a long time admiring it.
18. Lions may hunt alone or may hunt as a group, sharing duties.
19. Although monkeys are capable of learning, they do not have a speech center, so they cannot be taught to speak.
20. Pandas and polar bears never hibernate in winter
21. Adult lions are driven out of the pride to gain experience surviving alone.
22. Raccoons are rather lazy, so they don’t build their own holes, but crawl into someone else’s.
23. Dolphins are mammals, not fish. Because they eat milk and don’t spawn.
24. Lions live an average of 30 years in the wild.
25. The bigger a dog is in size, the calmer its heartbeat is.
26. The howl of a hyena resembles a laughter.
27. Dolphins use about 14,000 sounds, almost the same as the human vocabulary.
28. Most domestic cats are myopic because there is no need to engage their heightened vision.
29. For their body size, bears are very agile and have good reactions.
30. Not a single case of a dolphin attacking a human has been recorded.
31. Female platypus lay eggs.
32. Raccoons don’t like to fight: it is easier for them to run away or pretend to be dead.
33. Dogs have 1,700 taste buds, but humans have 9,000.
34. Leopards try to drag their prey into a tree and only eat it there.
35. Hyenas’ cubs are born with their eyes open.
36. Dogs can smell 10,000 times better than humans.
37. Lions don’t tolerate heat well, so they prefer to hunt before sunrise or at sunset.
38. Dogs always perceive their master as the leader of the pack.
39. An adult crocodile can eat 100 kg of food at a time.
40. Male platypus is poisonous. For humans, their venom is not fatal.
41. Raccoons often use trickery to get food.
42. Cats use their scent to determine the status of other cats.
43. Polar bears have black skin under their white fur.
44. Domestic cats are always trying to maintain their independence.
45. All newborn leopards have blue eyes.
46. Bats sleep upside down.
47. The king cobra is the largest snake among venomous snakes.
48. The kangaroo’s tail supports the weight of this animal’s entire body. (Read cool facts about kangaroos)
49. The tallest animal in the world is the giraffe.
50. Hippos can bite into an adult crocodile.
51. Goats can ask people for food with their eyes.
52. Hares do not live only in Australia and Antarctica.
53. Hamsters swim well thanks to their cheeks. They use the air in their cheeks as floats.
54. Bats are more likely to eat insects than small animals.
55. Chipmunks have a habit of keeping food in their mouths.
56. The wolf-leader always walks ahead of the pack, it can be either a male or a female.
57. Foxes and dogs belong to the same family, the canine family.
58. The king snake can eat other snakes, even poisonous ones.
59. Hamsters dig complex burrows with many passages and passages to protect themselves from predators.
60. Bats eat fruits and berries; their bodies digest them quickly and easily.
61. Geckos can hold up to 40 times their own weight on their feet.
62. Pigs are clean animals, and bathing in mud allows them to get rid of parasites on their skin.
63. Many snakes measure their tails when they meet.
64. Only a female kangaroo has a pouch, as it is only needed to carry her babies.
65. Hares move a lot during the day, if they move less, their bone tissue will be prone to osteochondrosis.
66. Among wolves, character and courage are far more important than body size.
67. Hamsters prefer to live alone.
68. A chipmunk never hides from a predator in its burrow so as not to give away its abode.
69. Giraffes fight by hitting each other’s necks.
70. The kangaroo’s pouch contains milk of different fats.
71. Goats, like goats, grow beards.
72. Foxes live a solitary way of life in winter and create families in summer.
73. Hippos and whales are descended from a common ancestor.
75. Pigs do not sweat, so they need water to cool their bodies.
76. Giraffes sleep standing up and their sleep is interrupted every 10 minutes to make sure they are safe.
77. The alpha wolf’s offspring are raised and fed by the whole pack.
78. The most dangerous animal for humans in Africa is the hippo, not the crocodile or lion.
79. Goats are vindictive and can retaliate for mistreatment.
80. Chipmunks stockpile 2-3 times as much for the winter as they can eat.
81. Foxes can confuse their tracks and confuse a stalker, so they are considered cunning animals.
82. The mooing of cows has 11 different types.
83. Pigs have a good sense of smell, almost like dogs. By the way, the pig is the second animal, after the dog, that man has domesticated.
84. A herd of goats in the wild is more often led by a female than a male.
85. Rats appeared before humans and there are twice as many of them on earth as there are humans.
86. The anteater has the longest tongue among animals.
87. Foxes adapt well to the environment, can live near cities, people and in captivity.
88. Cows can learn from other cows. They learn from each other, like dogs and cats do.
89. A new tail in lizards can be different in color and size from the previous one.
90. Pigs are good swimmers and like water.
91. Lizards can smell with their tongue.
92. A camel’s spine is straight despite its hump.
93. Lenins lead a very passive way of life: they not only move little, but also sleep a lot.
94. Rats can sense danger in advance and leave an unsafe place earlier than any other animal.
95. Moles are more likely to burrow at night.
96. An anteater can be so aggressive that it can frighten a large predator.
97. Dolphins can sleep with one eye closed.
98. Female dogs are more aggressive than male dogs.
99. Rats can chew through almost anything, including concrete and iron.
100. Anteaters are mostly nocturnal and stay awake for 8 hours a day.